Economic & Business Immigration

Express entry: This electronic management system is a mandatory requirement if you wish to apply for Permanent Resident as a skilled worker in one of the following categories:

  1. Federal Skilled Workers – FSW
  2. Federal Skilled Trades – FST
  3. Canadian Experience Class – CEC
  4. Provincial Nominee Program – PNP (optional)

Federal Skilled Workers – FSW: Applicants are assessed according to several selection factors such as education, language proficiency, work experience, age, arranged employment, and adaptability. The minimum language requirement in this category is CLB 7 for each of the bands of the exam specifically.

Federal Skilled Trades: Applicants who may become permanent residents as workers in a skilled trade occupation. The minimum language requirement in this category is CLB 5 for speaking and listening and CLB 4 for reading and writing. The FSTC allows individuals with a valid job offer or a certificate of qualification to obtain permanent residence in any Canadian province or territory other than Quebec.

Canadian Experience Class – CEC: If you are a graduate from a post-secondary institution this program will allow you to transition for permanent resident status. Certain temporary foreign workers may also apply for permanent residence through this program if they meet the criteria for work experience and language requirement.

Provincial Nominee Program: This program provides the provinces with the benefits of targeted recruiting and selection of foreign nationals who can help meet the specific local labor market and economic needs for immigration to fill a skills shortage or attract specialized skills. The different streams of each PNP include skilled workers’ pathways for FSW, FST, international graduates, business immigrant programs and worker programs for semi or low-skilled professions.

We will be glad to evaluate and guide you through the program that is best suited for your needs.

Self-employed Class: This class is for persons who have relevant experience and have the intention and ability to be self-employed in Canada and to make a significant contribution to specified economic activities in Canada, such as cultural activities or athletics. Some examples include music teachers, painters, illustrators, filmmakers, freelance journalists, choreographers, set designers, coachers or trainers, performers in the arts or sports who are internationally known.

Start-up Visa Program: This program is for you if you are an immigrant entrepreneur with the skills and potential to build a business in Canada that is innovative, can create jobs for Canadians and can compete on a global scale. If you can get support for your idea from venture capital funds, angel investor groups or business incubators, you may be able to immigrate to Canada.

Caregivers: You have several options to come to Canada to become a permanent resident or work temporarily as a caregiver.

Although the Live-in Caregiver Program is closed to new applicants, you are able to apply for permanent residence if you have at least 2 years of work experience in the program and you are already working in Canada with a LCP or you were approved for your first permit based on a LMIA submitted before November 30, 2014.

Through the Home Child Care Provider Pilot and the Home Support Worker Pilot you may be able to come to Canada with your family members with the goal of becoming permanent residents. You qualify for these pilots if you have been offered a job in Canada as a caregiver or have experience working in Canada as a caregiver.

The application process will be different depending on your situation and how much qualifying work experience you have.